Monday, August 10, 2009

Be gone oh negative ones

It's a bit disconcerting when you realise you have concentrated your energies in the wrong place - with probably the wrong people. I always thought I was a fairly good judge of character and had my priorities straight as far as who I surrounded myself with. I have changed my mind.
I have been doing a lot of soul searching lately. I think some of it has to do with turning 30 - I know that is, in the scheme of things, nothing major - but to me it was pretty huge. I also think that some of this self inflicted soul searching has to do with the madam getting older and I am suddenly more aware of just how absorbent children are to those around them.
I know ,realistically, everyone can't be happy and lovely all the time - I am just not sure why if I chose to look at something positively or not let something worry me people get a bit pissy that I'm not 'all about the drama'. I mean - what happened to actually being stoked for people when they find the karmic balance and are not sticking their heads in the oven!
I think what I have to do now is work on surrounding us with positive, inspiring, creative energies and (delicately) move away from these negative energies that seem to have become part of our world. Someone said to me not long ago 'it's all about the love' which sounds pretty good to me.
I know I am a bit behind in my photos but I am hoping to have my photos up to date today and my list up maybe tomorrow.

1 comment:

Katrine said...

people thrive on drama, and it is hard not to get caught up in it. at the moment i'm trying to remember that if i don't like something it's my problem and it's up to me to change it for myself... extricating yourself delicately sounds sensible :)
taking a photo a day is tricky isn't it?! i've missed two days and it's barely been a week!
i'm really looking forward to your list!