image from here
A few off you would know by now I have a little addiction to twitter. It's fabulous . You can write all sorts of things and talk to so many different people - for me it's a bit better than face book as it has no one from my family or my immediate life on it - so if you choose to vent there are no 'real life' repercussions. I also like that most of the people I 'follow' seem to be uber cool and intelligent so I am hoping it will rub off on me.....
One of the things going around on twitter is to tweet your sixteen year old self. What would you say to your sixteen year old self? Which got me thinking (yes shock!)
Dear 16 year old Katy,
- Put down the cigarettes. They are evil in a box. Otherwise you will start an addiction that at 31 you still find hard to kick.
- Stop criticising housewives. They are not all 'in the bell jar' - one day you will be one and you will know how bloody hard it is. You can combine feminism, Independence, parenting and being a housewife. So keep your mouth zipped.
- Make the most of every opportunity. Use your fear to spur you on. There is really no need to be scared of everything.
- He is not ' the one' - not even close and by the time you reach 31 and run into him - you will be sooooooo glad.
- Fruit Alexia (very cheap bad wine) is also evil in a cardboard box.
- While we are at it bourbon is bad - just don't ever pick it up.
- Pay way more attention to life - it goes really quickly.
- Pick up a camera and use it - you'll love it.
All my love your much older but not really wiser,
31 year old self.
So what would you say............................