Friday, September 24, 2010

Show me your tunes & I'll show you mine!



Image from here

Music makes up a huge part of my life. I can't sing and I definitely can not play but I love to listen. I have it in the car, in the house, on the computer, on my ipod - I love it. Since I was a child I have probably invested just as much in earphones as I have on books - I love it when I am on my own and put the earphones in.

In a past life, before the Mr & Madam, I used to go and see bands all the time. I don't think anything quite compares to that first time when you see a singer/band live and it is in some dodgy venue and you just know they will be huge and that this is a once in a lifetime chance.

But....

Now that I am a domestic goddess (stop laughing!) my musical experience is a pair of earphones and an ipod more than a band and a pub. I am thinking that I need some new music though so I am proposing a swap. I have never hosted one but I will give it a go.

If you want to take part just comment - I will leave it open until next Tuesday. If there is a mass of people I can just give everyone a partner - if there is just one other well then it is just you and me! Nothing flash but if you want to put some new music (maybe 10 songs?) on a CD and post it too someone else - how does that sound? A good ol' mix tape (or mix CD as such!)I guess it might cost about $4.00 all up with CD & postage.

I figure a change is as good as a holiday.....maybe the songs inspire you , make you laugh, make you reminisce, whatever floats your boat - maybe it will float another person's boat too!

Leave a comment and I'll figure the rest out......

3 comments:

Vic said...

Hey Sweetpea, I'm up for it - I hosted a music swap a while back & it was great fun!

bobby said...

This sounds like fun!

(NPI)

Jessica said...

Hello Katy,
I wouldnt have a clue how to make a cd on this computer but i have the names of some littler known bands I like if you would be interested.Most have youtube clips.Do you like alternative rock?

Jamestown story
The Spill canvas
Hawthorne Heights (a little heavier)
Blue October
Iron and wine

Acceptance
Chester see
Framing hanley
Hedley
Holiday parade
Hometown anthem

there are lots more but they are some of the more recent ones.Its a new area of music for me.

Oh one more that i can only find on myspace is "every wakes dream"